Town of
Trenton
Oneida County, NY
 Barneveld Historical Photos 


Boon House, 121 Mappa Ave, oldest in the village, built 1794

Barneveld Historical Photos

This is a collection of historical photos from the Hamlet of Barneveld. Barneveld was settled in 1793 and is located in the Town of Trenton. To enlarge, click on the image.
Images:
Alger and Barker Store, corner of Mappa Ave and Boon Street, circa 1920, Paul Barker, Charles Wells, W.D. Alger
Alger and Barker Store, interior, Whitman Alger, Paul Barker, circa 1910
Auto accident at four corners 1938
102 Boon Street
127 Boon Street, circa 1940
Barneveld Library, built 1877
Barneveld Library, interior, circa 1940s
Barneveld Library, interior, Carrie Moore Librarian
Barneveld's Historic Elm Tree, Boon Street, largest in the state, taken down in 1978, estimated to have been 201 years old
Bill Thomas House, 136 Mappa Ave, circa 1906
Blacksmith Shop, Remsen Road, across from Van's Tavern
Boon Street in winter
Boon Street looking east
Boon Street, looking east, candle factory on left where Candlewyck Park is now
Boon Street looking west, circa 1920s
Boon Street, Cincinnati Creek Bridge
Carman family in sleigh
Cincinnati Creek Dam
Cincinnatus Inn, 100 Vanderkemp Ave, built 1797, second oldest house, Guiteau House, first Post Office, first Inn, first town meeting held here
Daniel French House, 122 Boon Street, circa 1950s, built circa 1830,
David Lincoln Williams Blacksmith Shop, Boon Street, across from Old Firehouse
David Lincoln Williams Wagon and Repair Shop, interior, Remsen Road where Square Stamping is now
Dr. Horr House, 115 Mappa Ave
St. David's Episcopal Church, founded 1904, 140 Mappa Ave, formerly the Welsh Congregational Church
Corner of Mappa Ave and Boon Street, old Hinge Hardware
Barneveld Busy Corner
Four corners Mappa Ave and Boon Street, concrete water tub
Four corners, wood water tub
Guiteau Homestead, Dr. Guiteau's office on left, Unity Hall on right
Gulf Gas Station
Haskell's Garage, Chrysler Dealer, Mappa Ave
Hawthorne Hall, 156 Mappa Ave, built 1920
Historical Vallonia sign
Hotel Moore, Mappa Ave, circa 1910, built 1800, formerly the Dawson House, and Skinners Bar
Hotel Moore and concrete water tub
Hotel Moore and wooden water tub
Howe House, 132 Boon Street, built circa 1820
Thomas C. Hubbard, in kitchen of Howe House, circa 1860s
Junction of Steuben and Cincinnati Creeks
IOOF Temple (Odd Fellows), 111 Boon Street, later Masonic Temple, built 1906
Madame de Castro House, 105 Vanderkemp Ave
Looking down Remsen Road from Mount Eliza, Wa-No-Ka Greenhouse on right
Looking at village from Mount Eliza
Mount Eliza lookiing north from the village
Mappa Ave 1
Mappa Ave 1907
Mappa Ave 2
Mappa Ave 3
Mappa Ave fire, 1923, damaged or destroyed almost all the buildings between Wicks Place and Boon Street
Mappa Ave four corners
Mappa Ave looking east down Boon Street, on the left is the Telephone Office with Ellis Griffith and 2 phone operators, the Barber Shop with Will Thomas and Robert Widman
Schoolhouse, 148 Mappa Ave, built 1906, used until 1959
Masonic Temple, corner of Boon Street and Mappa Ave, built 1927
Methodist Church, 125 Mappa Ave, built 1848
Miller House, 136 Mappa Ave
Nicholson House, corner of Mappa Ave and Wicks Place, in front of Mappa Hall, burned 1938
North Street, now Remsen Road
Northam and Williams Department Store, corner of Mappa Ave and Wicks Place, circa 1920, destroyed by the fire of 1923
Old buggy
Old buggy with Trenton banner
Old Schoolhouse and Town Hall, corner of Mappa Ave and Steuben Valley Road, built 1844, razed 1924
Old Stone Meeting House, formerly the Presbyterian Church, 146 Mappa Ave, built 1822
Remsen Road circa 1960s
Rubble Manor, Mappa Ave, now Mappa Hall, built 1809
Wicks Mansion, Mappa Ave, now Mappa Hall, built 1809
Rising Son Lodge, Masons, corner of Mappa Ave and Boon Street, 1807 - 1821, later site of the Masonic Temple
Trenton Baseball Team 1889
Trenton Citizen's Band
Trenton Market ladies
Trenton Market in winter
Trenton Market, corner of Mappa Ave and Boon Street, Post Office and Livery Office, circa 1895
Unitarian Church, Park Ave, built 1816
Unitarian Church, interior, 1940s, Rev. Charles Girelius
Unity Hall, 101 Vanderkemp Ave, built 1895
Van's Tavern circa early 1900s, corner of Boon Street and Remsen Road, formerly Brooklyn House, built 1798, burned down 1988
Vanderkemp Ave looking north circa 1900
Vanderkemp House, 102 Vanderkemp Ave, formerly Unitarian Parsonage, third oldest house in village, built 1797
View from Mt Eliza
View from Mt Eliza looking down Remsen Road, Wa-na-ka Greenhouse on right, built 1901, known for best in country carnations
Water Tub, Park Ave, last remaining original water tub, removed in 2017
Thomas Wheeler House, 142 Mappa Ave
Winter in Barneveld
Winter in Barneveld2
Worden's Store, corner of Mappa Ave and Wicks Place, destroyed by fire of 1923